Friday, February 27, 2009

A Trip Long Overdue

Well today we finally made it up the icon of Seattle: the space needle. It's been almost two years (!) since we moved here, and we had yet to make the trip...mostly because it's ridiculously overpriced. So when we heard about a sale they were having (thank you Twitter!), we jumped at the chance to get a year pass for one-fourth the normal price. And, that includes one free "guest" per pass!! What more reason do you need to book a flight to Seattle?! :)


The weather was beautiful today, so we jumped at the chance to use our passes. You could see Mt. Baker, all of the Cascades, and Mt. Rainier (in the center of the picture below). It was gorgeous, and I loved having a 360 degree view! We were once again awed by the beauty of this city, and I think we may make the Space Needle a weekly trip ;)


Mt. Baker

The Cascades

The view of Elliot Bay...and our home sweet home, West Seattle. :)

6 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

Sweet...can I be your guest...and you can make Bryan use his birthday money? :)

Michelle P said...

Ha Ha...now we wouldn't leave Bryan hanging like that. We bought 2 passes so that we can take both of you. :)

Anonymous said...

I was totally skeptical about going there, too, but it's totally awesome! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it, too.

The Johnson Family said...

WOW! Looks beatuful...I'm all for being a guest some day! And unlike my sister I would neve think of leaving Aaron behind! :P

Abigail said...

Um. Could you find a way to get SIX free passes? And a private jet?

If so, we're there!

Michelle P said...

Abigail, I'm sure I can arrange a private jet, but talking those space needle sticklers into 4 additional guest passes might be a problem ;)
I SO wish I could get you out here!!!