Friday, September 7, 2007

"Sister" Act


I started work today! God has blessed me with a very unique nursing job...one I would've never expected out here in Seattle. I am going to be the "supportive care nurse" for a group of retired Sisters living in an assisted living convent! Like I said, a very unique job. :)
I had a great first day on the job; I did a lot of note-taking. Once I am trained, I will basically be the only nurse seeing these ladies , so I am really trying to absorb as much as I can from the nurse leaving the position. I think it's going to be a good fit for me-- it will encourage me to be more autonomous in my nursing care, but I will still have medical staff support if I have questions. And I've always enjoyed working with the elderly, so now I can start to focus my nursing skills on that age group. Some other perks: no weekends or holidays, and it's TWO MINUTES from our house!! That's my type of commute. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great job! I'm excited for you. Having quite a few friends in the medical field here in Philadelphia the no weekends, no holidays thing is a huge plus.

Hope you two are doing well!

David said...

Thanks Denise, we are doing well. Humbly trying to follow Christ's footsteps :-)

Kristin said...

Yea Michelle!!!! What a blessing...we are rejoicing with you! Miss you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!