Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mom and Dad Come to Seattle!


My parents have been patiently waiting for the "opportune time" to fly out and visit...they were trying to avoid all the rain that welcomed them on their first trip! :) However, circumstances didn't work out for a summer visit, so they decided to take their chances with November, which is usually one of our rainiest months!! I must say that all things considered, I think they had great weather...and a great week!
We had a really fun time visiting with them, and showing them around our lovely city. The first time they visited, we had only lived here for 3 months, so we were still figuring things out for ourselves...This time, it feels more like home, and we actually own a home, so that was fun to show them for the first time! I think by the end of the trip, my parents probably felt like they needed another vacation, as we had them moving around a lot! :) They flew in on Thanksgiving Day, which is probably enough to exhaust anyone! Then we took them all around Seattle, and even did some day-trips...We had a great time seeing new sights with them, and are so thankful they came out to visit us!

We took a day trip to the picturesque town of Leavenworth. It's a Bavarian-themed village nestled right below the Cascade mountains...definitely a tourist town, but we loved it! :)



We had to try a soft pretzel in Leavenworth!


Another "must" in Seattle: the Space Needle!

We went to a Christmas Party for my work, with lots of different Christmas Trees...this was the German themed tree-- my Dad's favorite!


I think this was my Dad's favorite part of the trip. We went to a Japanese restaurant in West Seattle, and it was a treat! Dad said it was the best Japanese food he's had since Japan!

Mom and I tasting some chocolate gelatto and hot chocolate at a fun shop downtown called "The Chocolate Box"...yes, it's one of my favorites! :)


Dad and I overlooking downtown Seattle.

2 comments:

The Johnson Family said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....the chocolate box....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....warms my heart just thinking about it! :)Great pictures! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! Leavenworth looks like a really fun little town, especially all decorated for Christmas! Maybe we'll have to go there some day :). Miss you!

Michelle P said...

Yes, I thought of you when we went there! :)
Leavenworth is super cute...definitely on the list for "next time!".