Saturday, December 1, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like...


Today being December 1st, I'm trying to make the transition into the Christmas season, despite the green grass and lingering leaves on our trees. I've been taxing my creativity trying to think of great present ideas, I've started listening to Christmas music, and I even managed to find the moving box packed with the nativity set. But I will admit, without typical Northeastern weather, it has felt a little less like Christmas...until this afternoon...when we got SNOW! Real, fluffy, cold snow! It is amazing how beautiful and exciting snow can be when you anticipate a snow-less Christmas season. And it was the perfect snow too--the heavy, wet kind that sticks to all the trees. So, we enjoyed an evening of snow-seeing, and it was the perfect way to begin this Christmas season--with a little taste of "home," and even more, a reminder of God's beauty, grace, and love.

4 comments:

Talk Shop said...

It will not feel like Christmas until David under the mistletoe

Fenway Park "er" said...

I know what you mean, Michelle. We had three inches of snow on a Sunday night, but when I awoke it was gone. While we are in S. California, HR gets 5 inches of snow. When we returned, it was gone. Hopefully, we will have plenty of snow for all you who are coming for Christmas. Otherwise, we'll have to go to the mountain to play!

Abigail said...

We're getting lots for you. A few inches have fallen in the last hour or two, and we're supposed to get close to a foot today. We'll give ya snow, darn it. COME VISIT! (And, yes, we miss more than the donuts alone...)

I'm glad you commented on my blog, because I kept trying to find you at anewstateofmind.blogspot.com, which left me sadly sitting at a dead end.

Thank you for the congratulations, too; we are excited! And getting fat! (Well, me anyway.) Hurrah!

I'm glad you're both well. Oh, and I need your new address, because once I get around to doodling a Christmas card, I'm throwing one westward. I think you've got my email...

Michelle P said...

Abigail-
So glad you found your way over here! I'm not near as diligent about blog posting as you, but I'm trying to improve. We did get a little more snow over Christmas, but alas, it melted the same day; enjoy the snow piles for us!
And again, congrats on the baby in the belly...happy growing! :)