Wednesday, June 13, 2007

3,200 Miles Later

Well we promised we would update more frequently, so I (David) have taken this post into my own hands. You will have to deal with the lousy grammar and long sentences :-). The morning started off with a quick jaunt to Glacier National Park. We were planning on spending a few days around Glacier but the park is still recovering from major flooding in the fall, and roads through the park were closed. When the weather today turned to rain , we decided that Glacier National Park isn't going anywhere and that we could always take a nice drive back someday. We were planning on staying around Spokane, WA, but who could resist a beautiful evening drive to Seattle (and gorgeous it was).
From seeing snowcapped mountain peeks to beautiful national forests , it was hard to keep our eyes on the road. Michelle and I took turns watching the road as I was driving :-). After a few hours of driving through the rest of Montana, and blinking through Idaho, we anticipated a beautiful sign welcoming us to our new home state, but instead a billboard made us feel "right at home".


We finally pulled into Seattle at 9:00pm PST, and moved our stuff into the temporary house that we will be staying in. Thank you for your prayers for us and our safety as we drove across the country. I know that God is Sovereign, but I would ask that you continue to pray with us, that God would give us wisdom and discernment in picking a location and a house where He wants us!

2 comments:

Abigail said...

These pictures are beautiful, and I cackled outright (with delight) when I got the email announcing your blog.

Just don't let the electronic undertow suck you under.

Michelle P said...

Yes, Abigail, I did say it "might" happen...but I still need a better name for a seattle blog. :)
sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up with you before we left...i was so sad about that...and still am. sad. i guess the chocolate tasting will have to be long-distance. :)